[Public-list] Marking anchor chain

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Mar 14 10:55:09 PST 2006

Hi there -

We use electricians tie wraps - that way you can feel them as they are going
by if you are anchoring in the dark.  I marked the chain every 5' because
that is easy to count and multiply (and is easy for visitors to the boat to
remember)   I get constant grief from 'olde salts' who are horrified that I
don't use the correct system that nobody can remember.

Gord #426