[Public-list] anchor gear for less money...

JOHN GRAVES jg1111 at msn.com
Thu Mar 16 22:25:00 PST 2006

Well, I bought my chain today. I went to the local hardware store in a shrimper town (Darien, GA) near where I keep the boat and bought 50' of 5/16" hot dipped galvanized high test grade 43 for $2.18/ft. $109 total plus tax. I feel like I got a good deal for a retail place and a lot cheaper than West Marine. They sell a lot of chain to the local shrimp fleet. I don't have a windless so I think 50' is enough to handle by hand. I think it is around 50 Lbs. I'm happy. Thanks for all the imput. It really helped me with my decision.
John (Trelawney #15)