[Public-list] Anchor and Rode

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 20 18:07:40 PST 2006

Never thought about one John, forgot all about 'em - while Capt Mulcaster
did quite well with them in 1813, I think he had 32 pound carronades, lousy
for any range though - a little too up-close and personal and definitly
outside Rush-Bagot. Suspect they would better suite a Morgan - Albergs need
to be fleet of foot, take the weather gauge and stand off ; )

Another good reason for all chain rode, get in too close and you can chop it
and load it ; )

Cheers,

John