[Public-list] Boarding Ladders

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Thu Mar 30 06:54:23 PST 2006

Roger - how about a dead-man switch on the autopilot?
 You carry a transmitter to the autopilot. When it's out of range or you
press the panic button, it puts the rudder hard over to port.  There are
systems proposed (and patented) that will cut off a powerboat engine
this way, but I don't know of any are in production. It  probably
wouldn't be difficult to modify an existing autopilot.

Mike

Michael J. Meinhold / SAIC
2111 Eisenhower Ave, Suite 303, Alexandria, VA 22314
703 842 2606 / michael.j.meinhold at saic.com