[Public-list] Dinghy - Tow or Stow?

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 27 05:04:40 PST 2006

At our marina we have 5 work boats with 15hp engines (with prop guards) for
deploying and bringing in the docks each year due to icing conditions - we
can't leave them out as we have a large fetch with sheet flow ice in
Hamilton Harbour and a floating Wavebreaker.

We have been through several engine manufacturers and have found that
Mercury engines are the most reliable and easiest to start. Just our Board
and members opinion, for what its worth.

Cheers,
John - LaSalle Park Marina Association, Director (Secretary)