[Public-list] Cutlass bearing housing

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 14:17:34 PDT 2006

Hey yall..
  I have a couple of questions about the cutlass bearing housing on Caprice A30 #388.
  After many short words echoing in the marina, I finally removed the prop with a prop puller.  Then I tried to pry off the housing, I finally figured that it screws off. DUH..  I hope it didn't screw up the thing that screws into but it did pull out around a 1/4 inch and pop back in.  The housing is at a shop getting a new cutlass bearing installed.

  Does anyone know what is it that it screws into?  And secondly, when I put the housing back on, what if any sealant I should use.  Also, the brass screws holding it place looks like they had some type of sealant coating them as well.

  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Bobby