[Public-list] Missing Thru-hull?

George Mathis georage at comcast.net
Sun May 14 13:26:51 PDT 2006

I've just returned from another week of working on making #439
seaworthy, thanks for all the help thus far.

I seem to have 100 thru-hulls and all seem to function properly, only
ONE hole in the bilge has no seacock, it is basically open to the sea,
meaning the boat would sink if put in the water. The hole is directly
under the engine compartment and I suppose one could mount a seacock on
it by reaching through the battery compartment.

What is the thru-hull supposed to go to? A bilge pump? I am not sure I
like the idea of a hole that far below the waterline depending on a
bilge pump to stop the ocean from coming aboard.

I posted a pic here: http://www.grm3.com/439_hole.jpg

Note: This is a pic of how the boat looked when purchased, it has since
been repainted, but the hole shows up better with the lighter bottom paint.

regards,
George Mathis