[Public-list] crossing the atlantic

frank jolly superdog at usa.com
Mon May 1 21:49:44 PDT 2006

I have been looking for a boat suitable for passage making. possibly
crossing the atlantic. Three boats within my budget are contessa 26,
triton 28.5, alberg 30.  I can find one account of an alberg 30 crosssing
or circumnavigating.  Jean-Du-Sud is the vessel name. I also could find
one instance of a pearson triton leaving home. Atom. Surely there are
more crossings.  Contessa has a long track record of atlantic crossings,
but no instances of anyone ever standing up inside the cabin.  Nice boat
for elves. And so I can get a triton for half as much as an alberg. which
translates into more cruising dough, and a lot less space . Does anybody
have any ideas . I really like them both so much I am afraid to decide. I
have found several A-30's I could afford,.  I just need some feedback. Is
this a boat to go almost anywhere. Just because one person went around
cape horn doesn't qualify the boat. It surely qualifies the sailor
though. Somebody crosses the ocean in a dinghy . Now suddenly it is
billed as a blue water cruiser. enough folks do it and I believe. I
really don't know what I am digging at., I just can't get this A-30 out
of my mind. Is that what happens when you go aboard one. Am I in love?