[Public-list] Weather site

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 3 19:03:19 PDT 2006

Peter Staehling wrote:
> This almost certainly is a repackaging of the
> iWindsurf.com site that focuses on sailors rather than
> windsurfers.  The screens and data appear to be
> identical.

Also iKitesurf.com; they say this plainly in the "About Us" page.

> I have subscribed to iWindsurf for two or three years
> and have found it to be an excellent resource.  It
> looks like the data is all free on sailflow right now,
> but look for them to only give minimal info for free
> after they are up and running for a while.  That is
> what they did with iWindsurf.

I just checked the iWindsurf site, and they still offer the real-time
wind information for free.  They've got more sites than just depending
on Thomas Point, and some of them are WeatherFlow's own buoys.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash