[Public-list] Missing Thru-hull?

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Sun May 14 15:07:51 PDT 2006

Dear George,
                   On my Alberg there is a similiar opening . It used to be
for a speedlog which is now long gone. The shaft is still inside the bilge.
I have hesitated to remove it for fear of what might result!. It is a
nuisance however since it gets in the way of accessing the waterlift and the
bilgepump. I have left a considerable amount of flesh attached to it. When
the boat is out on the hard for some major refit(ie. rudder, through hulls)
I shall probably deal with it then.Any ideas how to plug it? Jonathan. EMMY