[Public-list] Hello all!

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 22 20:54:46 PDT 2006

Shannon,

Hmmm...  I know nothing of the condition of Gypsy, but I'm surprised.
Especially surprising is water in the decks.  I thought Gypsy was an
old-style boat with the masonite core.  I've never heard of serious
problems with those, unlike the newer balsa cored decks.  Standing
rigging isn't so terribly expensive and lasts a lot longer than the
surveyors would have you believe.  A wet hull is understandable if the
boat's been in the water recently.  A30s tend to have rather porous
gelcoat.  Blistering problems, though, are very rare.  Severe cases
generally happen only on boats with barrier coats.  I've learned that
surveyors are not infallible.

Anyway, check http://alberg30.org/collaborate/AlbergBoatsForSale for
some boat listings.

  - George