[Public-list] Paint removal from transom

Dudley Baker dudley.baker at kongsberg.com
Tue Nov 28 10:12:36 PST 2006

John --
My recommendation for removal of painted name from transom is to use Easy-Off Oven Cleaner.  Wear
rubber gloves, have a bucket of warm water handy with wet spunge.  Spray on Easy-Off and leave it on
for very short period of time intially -- say around 20 seconds.  Wipe down thoroughly with wet
sponge and apply Easy-Off again.  You will see that with each application, the paint will come off
gradually with no damage to gelcoat.  Just make sure you are flushing the transom with plenty of
water after each application.

This process worked like a charm for me when removing old name and hailing port from my transom

Dudley Baker