[Public-list] Misery Cruise Georgian Bay

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Nov 3 01:25:55 PST 2006

Good morning Marianne -

Thanks for posting the chart!  We really should visit some time.  We have
friends with a place on Rose Island - there are two reasons to head in
there.

The weird thing about the seitch at Pointe au Baril was that the wind had
been howling from the west for a long time - that should have piled up the
water, as you point out.  When the opposite happened we were dumbfounded and
did not understand how the water level could have gone down 3' until we got
home.

Glad you liked the story.  There may be a sequel - I am heading up the coast
one last time Friday night  - but we won't go far, only to the top of
Beausoleil island's Frying Pan Harbour.  I snowed here last night.  Time to
put the boat away for the year.

Why am I awake at 4am?  A ship is working its way into the harbour and its
hooting woke me up.

Gord #426