[Public-list] jib questions

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 06:42:48 PDT 2006

I am thinking of building myself a #2 jib over the winter.

I am sure some of you will think I am crazy.

Those of you who are willing to look past that...can you give me some
information about your #2 jib dimensions?

If you go to:

http://quotesys.sailrite.com/boatdata/boatdetb.cfm?KEY=Int(2647)&Length=30&searchstring=&cartid=

You will find a list of the existing patterns that SailRite has for our
boats. SailRite is a company that makes sewing machines and various canvas
kits for sailboats. The way I see it, the jibsail they have listed is the
closest thing to a #2. But its luff is not full length, as you will notice
from the table.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. Do those of you who use a #2 have a full length luff on that sail (should
be about 36')?

2. What is the foot dimension for those of you who have a #2?

3. Would anybody in the Annapolis area be willing to let me measure their
#2?

When I'm done with my #2, I plan on making myself a dodger and an awning. My
mom has already told me I can have her old sewing machine.

Later,

J Bergquist