[Public-list] was inverter now DC electronics

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:00:21 PDT 2006

Great. So it sounds like the bottom line is that I can use a modified sine
wave inverter to power my laptop. Awesome.

Thanks for all the contributions everybody! I learned a lot here! Very
helpful stuff!

On a somewhat related subject...I am installing wind and depth/speed
instruments. They came with my boat 4 years ago. They are Raymarine ST-30
instruments. I am just now installing them. I went to wire them up last
night and they have 3-pins on the connector for power. Now, since they are
DC-powered electronics, why would they need 3 pins? I am a bit confused
about this.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist