[Public-list] Wooden spreader replacement

Theodore M. Liszczak tedliszczak at metrocast.net
Mon Oct 16 16:24:03 PDT 2006

I have A 345 built in 1968. The spreaders are wood not the round
aluminum ones that were used for later boats. The time to replace the
spreaders is past due. I have read the wood should be oak. My questions
are how does one remove the wood spreader from the aluminum rectangular
base plate, has anyone had a base plate fabricated, and lastly how does
one get the new oak spreader tightly into the new aluminum rectangular
base plate?
Ted Liszczak
A 345 Freedom