[Public-list] Depth transducers

Bill Burke BurkeNH at verizon.net
Mon Oct 16 17:15:24 PDT 2006

My boat currently has a powerboat transom mount depth transducer attached to the inside of the hull.  The whole setup is old and I'm thinking of replacing it with either a thru-hull transducer or a proper hockey puck style in-hull one.   2 questions:

1)  Any recommendations as to best location for a thru-hull transducer?  I was thinking of under the fwd end of the port settee...

2)  Any experience with the hockey puck transducers, good or bad?  Brand recommendations?

Thanks,
Bill Burke
Osprey #116