[Public-list] Battery Chargers?

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 23 16:34:43 PDT 2006

All -

Does anyone have any suggestions on battery chargers?  I have been using portable ones that have a cut-off, but they keep crapping out after 1 - 2 years & either stop charging or stay on & boil the batteries dry.  I was thinking of getting a true permanently-mounted marine charger.  I have 2 banks of regular wet-cell batteries (group 27's).  I do not plan on leaving the charger hooked up but would like one with an isolation transformer & a complete automatic shut off.  Capacity/quick charge is not a big issue as I usually plug in overnight at the marina when I am there.  Anyone have any recommendations?

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 20 #229