[Public-list] Battery Chargers

Snelham at aol.com Snelham at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 07:47:43 PDT 2006

David

I have a small Guest charger 6 amps, multi stage, two batteries  at 3 amps
each,  that I have mounted in the hanging locker and wired to the  starting and
house batteries. Rather than leaving the charger on all the time,  which I
found accelerated galvanic action of the zinc, I use a simple timer set  for one
hour a day with a connection to shore power.

Batteries, one standard wet cell, one Optima, have stayed stay fully  charged
for 4 years. The only disadvantage is if the bilge pump were constantly
needed, the batteries might run down before the next charge.

John  Snelham
Skye Mist #644