[Public-list] inverter

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 12:47:42 PDT 2006

Thanks bobby. This is very helpful. I was not aware of the difference on the
modified sine wave vs. pure sine wave issue. Given price difference, and my
requirements, I think that modified sine wave should work for me.

One question...my laptop has a dc power supply in its power cord. It
requires 18V or something. Would it be possible for me to use a step-up
transformer or soemthing to power the laptop? Seems to me the laptop should
be pretty okay to deal with a messy AC signal since it is just gonna convert
it to DC anyway.