[Public-list] inverter

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 06:52:14 PDT 2006

Yes, that is exactly what I plan to do. The question is whether my
transformer will do okay with modified sine wave (as opposed to pure sine
wave) AC power. If so then I can save a pile of money, have my cake, and eat
it too!

It says on the power supply that it will work with 110-240V, 50-60 hz (which
means you can use it basically anywhere in the worlds, cuz European and some
other countries' power is 240V 50 Hz, whereas our power is 110V 60 Hz). I
figure if it can handle these differences and still provide reasonably clean
dc to the computer, then it should also be able to handle modified as
opposed to pure sine wave. Am I right about that?