[Public-list] Air Head Toilet

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Thu Oct 12 16:16:46 PDT 2006

Hi Brian,

I put an Airhead in my boat a little over a year ago. I'm a liveaboard
and at a private dock without access to pumpout. Plus I hate the chemical
smell of regular marine heads. I love the airhead, it works great, I get
over a month out of the 'dry' tank in the winter and even longer in the
warm months when I guess the compost  'cooks' faster.If you're not a
liveaboard of course it'll go even longer. The unit fits very nicely into
the head compartment in the A30. Go for the right hand agitator crank
handle. Nice review by Joe Youcha in the last (not most recent) issue of
WoodenBoat, also in Cruising World a couple years back. I believe
Practical Sailor has also reviewed it. Geoff can probably send you a copy
of that if you don't have it already.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,
        Andy
        Savannah Rose #477
        St. Mary's, MD

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging
sails.
There are faraway places and the ever changing light, and the silence,
and a
great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Ferenc Maté