[Public-list] bronze rudder post replacement

Chris Blain chris.blain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:41:43 PDT 2006

I have another question regarding this whole assembly- the mid rudder
strap/gudeon - has anyone fabricated one from bronze strip, or is there a
source for a cast one? My boat (an A35, but identical in rudder contruction,
had a stainless strap which showed classical corrosion patterns and was
almost gone, and I'd prefer to replace it with less prone to corrosion -
bronze.

Thanks,
Chris