[Public-list] bronze rudder post replacement

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 19:49:19 PDT 2006

Thanks George,

Any idea how long, on average,  the pin takes to wear down?

Also is it possible galvanic corrosion contributes to the wear, between dissimilar pieces of bronze?  My lower and gudeon shafts look extremely corridoded as if electrosis got to them, whereas the adjcent bronze shoe and gudeon are in perfectshape.

I am thinking of bonding the shafts together in my new rudder and installing a zinc to extend life...

Gpb
From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org>