[Public-list] Marine Alloys of bronze

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Oct 19 09:49:22 PDT 2006

Hi Andy - it was not easy to walk away.

It was actually a little scary to stand so close to so much trouble.  I
could have bought her...but then what.  I am in the business of outfitting
wooden yachts and know very well how huge the job is.

On the way back here I was thinking that if I did everything I wanted to do
to Surprise, AND something silly and nice like give her a teak deck
laminated on after doing the soft spots I have been watching... It would
only cost me 1/10th what the emergency repairs to the Concordia would cost.
And I would have a boat that I am basically happy with (but sometimes wish
looked more 'woody' and warm)

Gord