[Public-list] Rudder Pin

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Oct 23 21:10:35 PDT 2006

Hi Theodore,

I am going thru the same process with my rudder, as we speak.

Have you looked at the condition of your guddeon shaft? ( located mid rudder right near the prop apperature)  Mine was sorely  deteriated--worse than the lower pin, prompting me to open up the rudder and replace both + rebore the guddeon to fit...Most of this seemed to be result of electrolysis, so I will be adding a bit of zinc to protect the new shafts when everything goes back together.

Advice I got on the list is to re-bed the whole bonding surface of the shoe with 5200 and put some in the screw holes for extra holding power...Seems to be a good idea and certainly can't hurt.

regards

Glenn Brooks
Dolce #318

Mine