[Public-list] inverter

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 07:17:20 PDT 2006

I am thinking of installing an inverter. Has anybody got any particular
items for discussion on this topic?

Also, I bought some sweet Schaeffer towable jib leads on sale at APS and
want to rig them up. Any advice on how much purchase is needed to move the
leads around smoothly with the jib loaded up? Is 3:1 enough? I saw some
boats at the show have 4 or 5:1.

What size jib sheets do most people use? Mine are monster 1/2" line that I
bought at Bacons before I knew anything about buying line. I want to replace
them and was thinking 3/8".  I have heard some people say they like 7/16" is
that for strength or for cleat holding? How do most folks attach jibsheets
to the clew? Currently I use a lark's head which is nice because there is no
metal at the sheet/clew interface, no chance of catching on something, and
it's never slipped on me yet. But I was thinking of maybe splicing these
lines to the clew (then have a set for each sail...a bit expensive...) or
using a shackle. I have seen some people just use bowlines. I'd be
interested in knowing if anybody has a particularly good method for doing
this.

Finally, what do people use for light weather spinnaker sheets? Diameter?
Means of attachment? I figure you could use a VERY small ronstan shackle
spliced to the sheet and that would probably be no heavier than a bowline.
Has anybody tried the plastic shackles? They are really light.

Thoughts?

J Bergquist