[Public-list] Public-list Digest, Vol 772, Issue 1

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Thu Sep 7 09:35:07 PDT 2006

Mike,

The Coax actually has a connector on it, the cut wires were all for
lighting.  I like the idea of a terminal block, much cleaner and neater
than a bunch of connectors taped together and dangling, only concern
would be corrosion on the wire ends requiring cutting from time to time,
and eventually requiring replacement of the wire in the mast.

Andrew

>Andrew,
>
>If you plan to feed the wires thru the deck with a trhu-deck fitting
and
>have the connections below deck, then you should consider a terminal
block
>under the deck to make the connections. For the coax you can get an
in-line
>splice, so you do not have to cut the wire each time you take the mast
down.
>I have been told that the in-line splice should not be used because of
loss
>of signal strength and various other bad things, but it has worked fine
for
>me for many, many years.

>Mike Lehman

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.