[Public-list] Hull ID

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 10:44:10 PDT 2006

Randy

A possible solution.  Since your boat was built before USCG required HIN's you could check and see if your state boat registration people can issue you a HIN.  You would then have a HIN for Coast Guard purposes.  Explain that the boat was made prior to HIN's.  I had to go through this drill when I bought the current Isa Lei as she was delivered to her first owner in Europe and never had a HIN assigned.

It is also possible the number you refer to is an old Canadian number.  According to Bob Kirk's history project, she seems to have been owned by a Canadian first.
      385 1971 1971 Dear John II Koenig John Beaconsfield Quebec
      385 2003 2004 Marisel Weatherspoon Randy Kemah Texas

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs.