[Public-list] Mast Wiring Connectors/Main Halyard Sheaves

Brian Zinser bzinser at lssu.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:59:06 PDT 2006

I agree. This is the only way to do a thru deck fitting.  The large one
will accomodate being able to run the VHF coaxial cable in one piece
from your vhf unit all the way to a mast antenna.  You make the hole in
the gasket for the coaxial cable and the hole thru deck large enough
for the PL connector.

Blue Seas use to sell direct.  I don't know if they still do.

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana

brooks.glenn at comcast.net wrote:

>Hi Andrew,
>
>Blue Seas makes an all weather cable cam thru deck fitting which
completely seals the electrical cord where it runs throgh the deck.  I
used four of these to run all my new mast wiring down thru the deck.
Then connected the wiring below decks with a standard bus from which
the various interior wiring harnesss run back to the main panel.  This
works great and does not leak.

>the trick is to drill the proper sized  hole into the rubber gasket
sealer ( see picture on in the enclosed web site)  These things work
1000% better than the old two prong metal deck plugs.

>http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/ln_menu/product.asp/mode/1/product_id/9547/letter/B/No/170/N/4294873303/Ne/103/sID/44FE0F802023BCFF/R/21918/act/A01/catalog_name/FISCO/Ntx/mode+matchpartial+rel+Inactive/Shopby/Shop+By+Brand/Ns/P_Sort
>
>This fisheries supply place is a local marine supplier in puget sound.
I image the blue seas part could be found at other local suppliers.

>the blue sea part number is 	B/S#1001, or 1003, or 1003, depending on
diameter.  I think I used the 1001 or 02.

>BTW, square insulatged two strand boat wire can be wrapped with
electrical tape to assume a more rounded shape, or the round hole in
the rubber gasket can be squared up with a box knife....If cut a little
undersize the rubber fits tightly around the wire.