[Public-list] A few rookie questions

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 18 07:37:56 PDT 2006

When you use the word "cabin" drains, do you mean "cockpit" drains? Ed. Schroeder

Lloyd Pulley <wrest at ccob.org> wrote:  This site has been a very helpful resources and want to thank the people on
it and those who manage it.

Being very new to the Alberg 30, I have a few rookie questions.

First of all, where does the water go that goes down the drains in the
outside of the cabin? In the bilge?

Recently heavy rains overcame my bilge I suspect and then overcame the
batteries and flooded the cabin up to an inch. I had it pumped all out and
then tried to use the manual bilge but could not seem to get it to work...
Is the re a valve, a prime needed of sorts to get that thing to work?

Is there anything else I need to worry about since it flooded so high?

Apparently the batteries now are shot and the cables fried.

Lloyd