[Public-list] A few rookie questions

cathie & john coultis zoocrew2 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 20 11:12:55 PDT 2006

While living aboard Scotch Mist II since August I found more leaks from
heavy rain (and cleaning the decks) getting in through ports, genny
tracks/toe rails, chainplates and after reading your comments below, Don I
now recall seeing cracks along the deck.  Hopefully, it will just be a
matter of re-bedding/sealing the ports/genny tracks and toe rails
(chainplates are another issue).  However, what is your suggestion for
repairing the cracks in the deck and around the area where the forward cabin
(the "doghouse"- where our 2 golden retrievers have the entire forepeak to
call their home) meets the deck?

As many before me have commented...this email network provides a wealth of
information.  It's a great source for obtaining materials, as well as just
being a very enjoyable read!

Cathie
Scotch Mist II - #448