[Public-list] A few rookie questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Sep 20 17:05:12 PDT 2006

edward schroeder wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by "old" or "new" style boat? Emotional
> Rescue #303 was made in 1968. The water is definitely from the sea
> (fresh lake water).

That sounds like "old style;" I think the transition was around #370.

While the new style has a stuffing box where the rudder post comes
through the hull, the old style has a fiberglass tube that runs up above
the waterline.  If yours is leaking at the base, it may be a crack in
that tube.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.