[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Fri Sep 29 13:33:54 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:03:21AM -0400, J Bergquist wrote:
> Yeah well nobody knows this because none of us have tried it. But it looks
> like we will find out from Dan.
>
> My 2 blade prop windmills just fine without aligning with the keel. I have
> to put the engine in reverse to hold the prop in place.

Indeed.. when I first saw your post, I was figuring that the way to go
would just to be to have some sort of brake for the prop shaft to hold
it aligned with the keel while racing; maybe even fit the shaft with
some sort of cam so that engaging the brake would force it into
alignment. And then when you're not racing, you can just disengage the
brake and let it windmill.

Cheers,
Kris

--