[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 19:36:35 PDT 2006

figure by mid june i will have many answers.  like i said, will et everyone know, good or bad
  dan

John Birch <Sunstone at cogeco.ca> wrote:
  Trojan T 105 golf cart batteries are what I have for house batteries - they
are 6 volt, 65lb, 225 Amp each and I have 4 paired in series & parallel to =
12V. Therefore I have 450 house amps @ 12 Volts. Perhaps if you pulled out
the iron keel and put all the batteries you need there you might get the
same righting arm and the power you need.

I don't think electric power technology is there yet without a tuned diesel
or gas charger hybrid.

Solar - forget it - it would look like the space station gone wild.
Wind - you'd need several generators. Think yer stuck with a hybrid
generator fuel system.

Sorry.

Best of luck - let us know how you make out - think we're all curious.

Cheers,
John