[Public-list] A few rookie questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Sep 20 17:01:01 PDT 2006

cathie & john coultis wrote:
> Don I
> now recall seeing cracks along the deck.  Hopefully, it will just be a
> matter of re-bedding/sealing the ports/genny tracks and toe rails
> (chainplates are another issue).  However, what is your suggestion for
> repairing the cracks in the deck and around the area where the forward cabin
> (the "doghouse"- where our 2 golden retrievers have the entire forepeak to
> call their home) meets the deck?

Cracks around the cabin top are probably just leaking into the deck
core, rather than into the boat, itself.  They still need to be fixed,
of course.  A simple way is to scrape them with a sharp "church key"
(used to open beercans before pop-tops, see
http://www.acemart.com/graphics/00000001/products/aaatap1.jpg) to form a
V-shaped groove.  Then fill them with thickened epoxy resin.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash