[Public-list] Fuel consumption rates

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:21:16 PDT 2007

Good day all,

My old Alberg (hull #39) has a 25 hp. Grey Marine Sea Scout 91 cu. in.
engine coupled to a 2 blade D13 P8 prop.  I suspect that there are a few
more still out there.  I am curious as to what sort of gas consumption rates
I should expect?  I am trying to determine a cruising range for the current
gas tank.  I am assuming that the engine is operating at about 3/4 throttle
and that there is no reason to suspect inefficient operation of the engine.
Please note that I live in Canada so if you are responding please indicate
if you are refering to US or Imperial gallons.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hugh McCormack
Woody Point, Nfld