[Public-list] Fuel consumption rates

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Tue Apr 3 07:07:34 PDT 2007

> Good day all,

Hugh

On MAHSEER #380 I always estimate 1 imp gallon per hour for motoring with
my A4 engine, in reality I use about3/4 imp gals per hour but have a
reserve just to be safe.  I am surprised by your throttle position, with
my 12x9 2 blade I reach hull spead at 1400RPM and no more than 1/4 open,
any greater than that I either have high fuel consuption and/or
cavitation.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380