[Public-list] Roller-reefer question

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 15:27:11 PDT 2007

I didnt install my roller furling, but  couple of years ago, I did notice an earlier configuration caused the upper drum to wear an oblong depression half way through the top front edge of the mast, about 12" below the mast head.  This depression is still there - maybe 3-4 " top to bottom and worries me every once in awhile.  Next mast pick I intend to weld a supporting bracket over it to strengthen the stick.

Something to watchout for I suppose, when you fit the upper drum to the forestay.

Glenn Brooks
From: FINNUS505 at aol.com