[Public-list] Frost Plugs

Brian Hofler bhofler at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 19 20:23:12 PDT 2007

My A4 was rebuilt last year and I had a small fresh water leak that I could
not track down. This year I replaced all hoses, double clamped everything,
replaced and resealed both pumps and...started the engine...runs
perfectly...and now it appears that I am leaking more water than before. I'm
at my wits end but thought that perhaps it may be the frost
plugs...Unfortunately I cannot locate them. If you know where they are
located or can think of any other reason that this leak occurs I would
appreciate some feedback. Incidentally, when I checked the engine area today
(it's a liner boat) there was more water visible (half a cup) so it must
have leaked once the engine cooled down...

Thanks in advance - Brian 496