[Public-list] Original Muffler Replacement

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Fri Apr 20 10:26:29 PDT 2007

Bill,

You have restored my faith in the possibility that a project can actually
take less time and effort than anticipated.  In five years of working on
"PERFECT intentions" (#148) I have yet to find one that did, but its
encouraging to know it still happens.  Here's hoping you have many more like
the last.

Roger

PS - When I did my exhaust, I discovered the reason there was so much soot
in the "engine room" was a hair line crack in my big, ugly exhaust pipe
where it joined the manifold ("Honey, why is the engine so noisy? WHAT?
Honey, why is the engine so noisy? Not to worry dear, diesel engines are
just louder than gas.").  One manifold bolt came out with only minor
bleeding but the other was a project in and of itself.