[Public-list] Deck/hull joint - Toe Rail - ETC

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 05:52:19 PDT 2007

Caprice is hull #388 - 1969.  The Taffrail consists of five raised "platforms" around 5 inch square that is the same height of the fiberglass rails starboard and port.  A curved piece of teak lays on top of these platforms to match up with the teak on top of the rails.  On further inspection, it looks like the rails and platforms is merely glass over solid wood.  I don't think it's balsa.

George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:
  Mike Lehman wrote:
> Bobby,
>
> There are some pictures at
> http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/HullDeckJoint/
>
> George - is that your boat?

Yes, it is. #543 And this is the taffrail, not the side rail.

> Bobby - what is your hull# - this joint is different for the older boats vs.
> the 'newer' ones

When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
I think how evening follows morn; gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
So many I loved were not yet dead, http://www.Alberg30.org
So many I love were not yet born.
'The Middle' by Ogden Nash