[Public-list] Canadian east coast Albergers (was:... Alberg mods...)

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 07:08:13 PDT 2007

Good morning Jack,

Looking at the A30 owners list we seem to be a bit thin on the water down
here.  At present, I am not aware of any other Albergs (of any length) in
Newfoundland but there is a possibility that someone in St. John's has one
(I live on the west coast of The Rock).  I don't think anyone in Corner
Brook is an Alberger.  According to the owners' list, there are 9 A30s in
Nova Scotia and one each in New Brunswick and PEI.  I don't recall ever
seeing an Alberg 37 in the Halifax/Dartmouth area but that is not to say
that there aren't any.  I know that a couple from Ontario recently sailed
their A37 to Cape Breton in preparation for an extended off-shore cruise and
I seem to recall one of the east coast yacht brokers having an A37 listed
for sale quite a few years ago but the price was beyond my reach.

I am willing to answer any questions to the best of my ability.  Please feel
free to contact me off-list (my hotmail address is the one to use).  I have
lived and worked in Nova Scotia, PEI and, now, Newfoundland so I am able to
provide some local knowledge.  I have more knowledge of Nova Scotia and
Newfoundland than of PEI.

As to organizing an East Coast owners' association, I have drawn up a rough
list of positions using the GLAA as the template: Commodore, Secretary,
Treasurer, Membership, Racing, Cruising, Newsletter editor, Director at
Large ... and 4 members at large, based on current knowledge!  Nominations
are now open <vbg>.

Cheers,

Hugh