[Public-list] Atomic four intake seacock location

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Sat Apr 28 15:43:13 PDT 2007

Rachel,

I agree with Gord.  Cast iron is for wood stoves, not boats.  I have a new
scheme for a bolt on wing keel made out of heavy metal; a little radioactive
but, talk about heavy, it's even in the name.  I figure I can chop out
enough of the original cast iron keel to accommodate a hot tub under the
cabin sole.

Relative to the "totem pole" mast, what I had in mind was carbon fiber,
lot's of it; mast, stays, sails (rudder, tiller, frying pans).  Perhaps an
Aero Rig with a rotating, carbon fiber mast plunging through the center of
the main cabin.  If I attach a round table about 30" above the cabin sole, I
could have a lazy susan and the crew could eat each other's lunch on every
tack.

Thank goodness everything on my boat is broken; otherwise "the page" might
require I sail a design built when I was 15 (from what I recall, a very good
year, but not exactly yesterday).  I just hope none of the "if it aint
broke, don't fix it" crowd are airline pilots.

Roger Kingsland,
Rubber, scraper, chief check writer
"PERFECT intentions"
A30 #148