[Public-list] Bottom stripping

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 05:57:55 PDT 2007

Me and some soon-to-be ex-friends spent countless hours removing what appeared to be around 20 layers of bottom paint.  Who knows...it could have been 30.    We used a combination of scrapping, Peel-Away, Interlux Interstrip 299E and sanding.  After hours of scrapping,  we got it down to bare spots in places and in some places the paint was 3/16" thick.  I used Peel Away on the thick spots which didn't work as advertized, but it would remove several layers at a time.  If the paint wasn't too thick, I used the Interlux.   It was a few beers ago, but I think I used around seven gallons.  I suggest starting with at five gallon bucket, if you decide to use the product.

Joel Lembo <jlembo at scwwa.org> wrote:  Has anyone used the Peel Away product on the Alberg 30? If so how much did
it actually take to do the job?

Thanks

Joel