[Public-list] Deck/hull joint - Toe Rail - ETC

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 06:46:33 PDT 2007

Bobby,

Like many transition boats, yours is quite a bit different that most os the
boats, either old or new. From your descriptions this is what I understand:

Your deck is bolted, no pop-riveted to your hull
Your bulkheads are glassed in (like the older boats), not pop-riveted like
the newer ones.
Your Deck/hull joint is only raised at the genoa track, so you do not have
toe-rail under the track?

Based upon this, I would not try to open the deck/hull joint. Instead, I
would just clean it up really well, and fill any voids with 5200. Then
install the toerail and track using 5200.

Mike Lehman