[Public-List] 2nd attempt ... Winterizing a GrayMarine SeaScout engine

Brian Zinser bzinser at lssu.edu
Mon Dec 3 06:10:45 PST 2007

Michael and Hugh:

I live above the 45th and all I do is remove the two plugs (the third
plug the manual is referring to is on the bottom of the water pump which
I don't remove.  Instead, I take the plate and gasket off the pump and
remove the impeller.  Mike is right about the locations of the plugs.
The one on the bottom of the muffler is very hard to find and put back
in.  I have the hole marked because you have to do that one entirely by
feel.

Anyway, my system has never had anti-freeze put in and it gets down to
-40 (F and C are the same at this point) up here.  40 plus years and no
problems.

Brian Zinser