[Public-List] Alden 32 Northern Rendevous

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 6 16:27:18 PST 2007

Gord,

  I hear that the Great Lakes Alberg Association provides free alcoholic beverages for any of those who are "official" participants in their events, ;-)

  I don't think anyone cares if the Great Lakes Group would like to officially make this their event.  Ask Brian he is the one who started all of this, I admit to fueling and fanning the idea.

  Sounds like in just a week we might have three or four boats considering this adventure next summer.  I agree with John that to try and combine with the Mackinac race would be positive.  We might get a 'fleet', i.e., more than one Alberg 30, to enter the Port Huron/Mackinac race and we would add to the numbers of boats to gather up north.

  I don't think that Brian's idea of a Rendezvous was to amass twenty boats so that we could all go up and invade and terrorize the north channel.  Three to five boats would be what I thought could be expected.

  The absolutely positive thing about this list is that we can think and daydream 'out loud' to others who might just be having the same ideas.

  My Alberg might not be ready to do this trip this year, but I certainly support the idea and could help someone else crew their boat so they could participate.  Then next year I might supply the boat and someone could help me by crewing.

  Gordon had a good idea to just keep the thread going and something will come out of it all.  There seems to be enough interest and boats and manpower to have it happen.

  Michael

Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:
  I was daydreaming about doing the Lake Huron Port Huron to Mac race and
having my family meet me up north somewhere for the cruise back... Maybe
this could work.

I accepted the role of G.Bay cruising guy for the Great Lakes A30 assoc -
perhaps we could make this our event?

Gord #426 Surprise