[Public-list] Cost for Used Sails

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 18:14:46 PST 2007

I am looking to purchase some headsails for use in racing this year. I have a few questions for those that have raced:

1. What are the favorite headsails 150 and 170? What gets used most. I am in the northern Chesapeake - so wind is pretty dead in summer.
2. What should I expect to pay for used sails. I have my eye on some that have apparently been used just a few times - a 170, a 150 and a spinnaker. It seems at Bacons, the most expensive they have is about 950, for a 170ish in excellent shape, so I am guessing that this is the top end. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts recommendations for someone getting back into racing after a 25 year hiatus would be appreciated.

Jonathan
Laughing Gull 197
http://mysite.verizon.net/laughing_gull/index.html