[Public-list] spinnaker halyard, Weight Aloft

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon Feb 5 07:25:27 PST 2007

Seems to me the best bang for your buck (or is it, svelte for your moment
arm) on reducing weight aloft is to switch to aluminum spreaders and
smaller, LED deck lights.  My wood spreaders weigh a ton and those 4", 1/3
sphere, metal light fixtures don't help either.  I think I'll weigh those
things.

BTW, can any anyone please recommend who, in the Annapolis area, I should
ask for quotes on replacing my spreaders and stays?  I am thinking of
attending the racing seminar on the 24th and could visit some riggers then.

Thanks,

Roger